Monday, February 16, 2015

Writer's Voice

What is it to me? To me, your writer's voice is the expression of you on the page. Your voice is all about honesty. It's the unique of your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, fears, and attitudes coming through every word you write. you are unique. You aren’t exactly like anyone else. I think it’s because most of us spend our lives presenting to the world anything and everything except who we really are. We present images of who we want to be. We show the world what we want them to see. We expend lots of energy upholding our facades, and in the process, we can lose touch with our true, unique selves. Many of us are afraid of real, total, gut wrenching honesty. I also think one of our biggest problems is that we’ve been media consumers since the day we were born. So how do you find your voice? You can’t learn it, you can’t copy it. Voice isn’t a matter of studying. You have to find it and the only place to find it is within you.

1 comment:

  1. I like this blog I agree with you and this is true. Great job.

    ReplyDelete